Friday, March 29, 2013

Just Another Day on the Farm

My parent's live on a farm (I am sure most of you know that, I can't imagine that anyone actually reads this blog that doesn't know me personally).  At any rate, CRAZY stuff is happening every day at that place.  Life on a farm is exciting; I am sure I didn't appreciate it when I was living there and growing up.  

We were in the house and my mom went outside for a minute and came back in to say that one of the cows was about to have it's calf.  Being the suburban girl that I am I grabbed my camera and Alyssa and headed outside, *hitkickers on and all.   It isn't everyday you get to see a baby calf born.

Alyssa was a bit more interested in the other calves.  Her and my mom walked in the barnyard while I stood, waited and watched.  Within a half hour the calf was here and another 20 minutes it was up walking around.  I was quite impressed with that momma cow.  She pushed it out, stood right up and started licking all that stuff off her baby.  She just knew what to do.  Not at all like what we are like...fumbling around, reading books.  She took it like a champ.  So here we are, pictures.  Kind of gross, but for the sake of 'science' here ya go.







No comments:

Post a Comment