| Theresa, Alyssa, and Roan |
Saturday was my Bloom and Zoom 10K Run; I did it, YEAH!!! I wasn't so sure I was going to be able to because a few days prior Jake came home and said he was going to have to work on Saturday am. I thought, hhmmm, this is my way out. The weather was going to be blah and I was starting to get nerved up about getting there on time. And who would watch my peanut???
Thankfully I have my dear friend Theresa who lives a few blocks away. She has a little boy, Aidan- almost four, and Roan- almost one. This was Alyssa's first non-family member babysitter and I was just worried for everyone involved that she would cry the whole time. She rarely does that now, but I was worried. So I dropped her off at 6:45 in the am (so thankful that I have a friend that will watch my babe that early on a Saturday). I got there in plenty of time and was a bit lonely sitting there by myself waiting for the race to start. The race was at the arboretum so it was really scenic. It would have been even better if it was later in spring or summer, but still much more exciting than my treadmill!
And I DID it. Ran the whole thing and had a pretty good pace and final time! So what next??? Annual Family 5K in OK??? Still getting rid of this baby weight!
.jpg)

I should clarify, the baby weight is gone...but it just doesn't look the same!!!! How many moms out there can sympathize!
ReplyDeleteAppears you left Alyssa in good hands. Good for mommy, good for Alyssa (not that I wouldn't have kept her) and grateful for friend Theresa
ReplyDeletenot sure if this belly will ever look the same?? Good for you on the marathon! - Kristi
ReplyDelete