Monday, June 6, 2011

{ 8 MONTHS }

Sitting like a lady!

Oh my word, just getting around to this 8 month post *ahem* a couple of weeks late.  SORRY!  This has been one busy mama with work.  Sssoooo, what is my babe up to...

Height and Weight: I weighed her the other day and she was around 17 lbs.  I am so anxious to take her in at 9 months for her doc appt so we can see how she is growing officially.

Foods:  We stopped bfing at 7.5 months.  I got to the point where I wondered how much she was getting, if she was getting enough and knew that I reached a point where I would have no mommy guilt about stopping.  Seven and a half months is a long time and I felt good about it.  So she now has formula...bottles 3x a day.  She eats 2-3x a day cereal, fruits, veggies, and meats.  Still not a fan of peaches, but everything else goes down pretty well.  We are doing a combo of making food and store bought food.

Sleep: I don't even want to mention this because God has such a funny sense of humor.  I am in no way bragging, so please do not teach me a lesson.  This little one sleeps pretty well thru the night.  Goes to bed around 6:30-7 pm and wakes up around that time in the am.

Teeth: She still just has the two bottom teeth and looks adorable.

What else:  Goodness, hard to remember from two weeks ago so I will just have to say what she is doing NOW.  Lots of jib jabbing, lots.  She said her first words...da da.  Jake and I both kind of looked at eachother and went hhhmmm, but she continued to say it and mimic us.  The first time was when he was tickling her and she screached and said dada...sooooo....we are going to count it.  She is NOT crawling yet, but dragging herself across the floor.  Very determined and gets around just fine.  She is doing much better standing as that is something we have worked on at therapy.  Well....that is it for now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my word is right! Ssssoo adorable! Hoping to plan a visit soon and give Alyssa LOTS of kisses and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was just thinking sitting like a little lady, then read you wrote the same thing. that picture is so cute. she looks so big! Nathan said today he misses her, and Boston.

    ReplyDelete