Friday, July 31, 2009

One Minute Inside a Woman's Head- Day 5

Does anyone know what age you are no longer able to shop in the juniors section of department stores? Seriously, is there some milestone or age when this is no longer appropriate. I feel like I am kind of at the age when I start to look out of place roaming the clothing racks next to thirteen year olds while I am pushing 30.

I feel like I am too old for this yet when I go to the misses section I feel out of place too. All of those women are likely moms? Is that the cut off, once you have children you are allowed to shop here? Is it once you hit 30? Is it once you are no longer that itty bitty junior size? HELP!!!

Once day I was in the dressing room at JCP trying on a pair of jeans from the misses A.N.A. brand. I was quite happy with the size on the jean and feeling pretty skinning since lets face it the juniors are sized for well, teeny boppers. Anyway, a woman was in the fitting room as well with her daughter who seemed to be my age (according to the sound of her voice, so who knows). They were shopping for a pair of jeans and this was how the conversation went:

Mom- "Honey, what are you shopping for?"

Daughter- "I am looking for a pair of jeans, but haven't had much luck."

Mom- "You know you should try the A.N.A. brand, they have some cute jeans."

Daughter- "Those don't work for me, I think their sizes are for woman who are a little larger?"

And here was me in the dressing room with my A.N.A. jeans- "AAAaaahhhh."

Ugh, is this going to get easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment