Monday, December 28, 2009

{ Twilight- What is all the Fuss About? }

Last October when we were on vacation I saw so many women sitting by the pool reading a black covered book. Shortly after that I started to see it everywhere. I was a bit discouraged by the size of the book, but then realized it was a book aimed at teenagers. Teenagers, how could all those women be reading a bubble gummer book?

Now, more than a year later, while I was Christmas shopping I finally broke down and bought Twilight. I have to see what all of the fuss is about! A lot of my coworkers and friends have now read it so why not. I haven't seen any of the movies thus far and am waiting until I read it. I was intrigued when I heard the author is a stay at home mom who woke up one day from a dream and started writing her dream. So here I am.

I think I must be going thru a bit of a reading phase because a few months ago I was at the library and came across a book series that my sister and I read in high school called Sunset Island. I thought it would be fun to read them again and see what kind of stuff I was into. It was a trip down memory lane. I guess now reading this I will find out how much has changed since I was in high school and compare what I was reading to what they are reading now.

2 comments:

  1. I decided to read Twilight last month when Raegan asked if she could see the movies. I was hooked - read all four books within two weeks. The movies are not nearly as good, but fun to see after you've read the books! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A week after my post and I still haven't started it...I am in a reading rut!

    ReplyDelete