Monday, December 21, 2009

{ Long Time OVERDUE...Here is the Deck and Patio }

I know, I know, I have promised many of you pictures of the new and improved back yard...and then I basically fell of the face of the earth. So finally here they are. This project was quite an undertaking when fall started and the urgency to get it completed before snow. As you can see from the pictures we made it!!!

I have to give Jake a lot of credit, he took a pretty awful backyard and turned into a nice place for us to spend some time during the spring, summer, and fall. I cannot wait for warm weather even though we are a long way off. This project basically started with the need to protect the basement from water. We had to slightly adjust some grading and the patio is built about 11 inches from where the yard used to be, so hopefully this helps.

Anyway, without boring you to death on the details, here are some pictures. And to those of you who wonder, yes, I DID help. I didn't put as much blood, sweat, and tears as my husband, but I did lay most of the patio brick and even used the brick saw, quite handy I am.










2 comments:

  1. It looks amazing . . . I can't wait to see it in person:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the decorative posts and the stairway. The smaller deck looks better than the original. Looks more balanced.
    Beautiful job! Appears Boston likes it also.

    ReplyDelete