Sunday, June 21, 2009

See Jane Run

I am a runner, ha, or at least I try to be. I had always had the goal since I was in college to run the Bix7 in the Quad Cities. I did that last year and learned that I could build up my runs from a very slow 1 mile to 7 miles without stopping. I took some time off of running, but am now trying to get back into the swing of things.

I started up again this past week in preparation for the Scott/Grobe 2nd Annual 5K run. Jake, myself, and my brother in law, Travis, decided last years since we had all started running to hold a 5K when they were visiting from OK in July. Jake came in first place, Travis second, and myself third. This year we are traveling to OK in for the Fourth of July and plan to do another family run. I would love to beat Travis, love to beat him. I even have secret thoughts of sending him all sorts of pizza and junk food to keep him off track (sshh, Angie, don't tell him of these thoughts). At any rate, we have two weeks to go so we will see how much I can cut off my pace in two weeks. I ran a very slow three miles yesterday and am trying to convince myself to go for a run shortly.

Before anyone thinks that I am just bragging about running let me just add that after about 4 minutes from each run I just want to stop, every run I usually feel like this. It is something I like to do because of how I feel when I am finsihed and sometimes enjoy it, but sometimes hate running. I have been motivated because I have friends that run and run marathons (26.2 miles) and it is motivating. Plus, I want to be able to run for my life if need be :-) At any rate, I will let you all know of the Family 5K run goes in July.

2 comments:

  1. So. . . dad asked Travis about the upcoming family 5K yesterday. Travis said, "Yeah, we might have to have a Family 5K Walk, instead. I've been trying to run, but it hasn't been going too well." I've been keeping him distracted with painting and yardwork, too. So, keep going, Sherri! He doesn't stand a chance:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great, he and your dad can walk and I can beat them both. I can't ALWAYS get last. Make some cookies for him sometime this week, that should help :-)

    ReplyDelete