Monday, December 6, 2010

{ Well, it is official, I am a SAHM }

There you have it, I am a stay at home mom! Last week I met with my boss to discuss part time work or doing freelance design for them and the freelance designer is the winner. We will see how that works out and how frequently I am needed. I am hoping to be able to work a bit throughout the month but in the end it is really up to them as to how much they call me. I have worked for this company for nearly 7 years so it will be strange not seeing my friends at work and not coming into my workstation every day and starting up my computer and getting to work.

It was really a tough decision. There are a number of reasons to go back to work and ONE little 12 lb reason not to...and she won. I am hopeful that my little girl will be a social one and am hoping that my not going to work and being at home with her all day will NOT cause her to be a momma's girl. Most of my friends work so I am going to have to find some moms to hang out with and Alyssa can meet some friends. So there you have it, SAHM.

Of course I won't leave you without a cute picture of my pumpkin. Here she is just chillin' with daddy.




3 comments:

  1. So happy for you! I know that you won't regret a single day of being at home, doing the most important work in the entire world. Wish we lived closer so we could hang out some. Jed rarely makes it up your way anymore either:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I'm a SAHM now too! Its great so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carly, I wish we were close and we could hang out during the day!

    ReplyDelete