Tuesday, March 22, 2011

{ 6 Months }


WOW, Alyssa is half a year old today!  So hard to believe, but then feels like she has been around here forever, especially those first few months. Ha.  She had her six month doctor appointment today, poor thing had to get shots on her birthday.  The doc said that her neck/head turning and facial features look great (thank you Physical Therapist Linda), we are NOT helmet bound.  She wasn't too sure of the doctor when she started looking at her; the eyebrows turned red and the bottom lip puffed out which always makes me laugh a little inside because it is so cute.  So lets see, what has she been up to:
  • She is now sitting up on her own...she can do this for a bit but then loses her balance sometimes.
  • She is sleeping thru the night, 7 pm - 7 am, with occasional wakings on some nights, although I am sure tonight she will be up a lot just because I am writing about it, NOT braggin', I wouldn't make that mistake again.
  • She started solids two weeks ago and has now had oatmeal cereal, sweet potatoes and carrots.  I am making my own baby food using our blender, EASY and INEXPENSIVE!
  • She laughs and screeches ALOT; she is quite the noise maker.
  • She reaches for everything and straight to the mouth and tonight tried to eat Jake's cookie, can't blame the girl for trying.
  • Weight: 15 lbs 12 oz - 47%
  • Height: 26.5" - 81%
  • Head Circumference: 16.5" - 35%
In a couple of weeks we are going to start a music class at the park district and we are also going to take part in a few mom club activities to test out before we join.  I am looking forward to getting to know some mom's with babies and meet new people.  I was thinking of doing swim classes at the Y, but am going to wait until the next session. 


Lovin' Life

2 comments:

  1. What a big girl. Her sitting on her own threw me for a loop. What a difference a couple of weeks make. And look at her rolls. She sure is not missing any meals :-)
    Looks like she really enjoyed her Aunt Angie.
    Pretty in yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so darn cute and happy!!

    I loved making baby food. I bought a bunch of ice cube trays and put the cubes in ziplocs frozen, easy to grab anytime. I even threw stuff in our food to add nutrition ( don't tell my picky husband:)

    ReplyDelete