Wednesday, March 23, 2011

{ A Little Bit of This and A Little Bit of That }

  • I so desperately need to get my hair cut; it has been since before Alyssa was born.  Embarrassing since two of my best friends are hair stylist!
  • Made me so happy that in the past week both the doctor and my father n law said that Alyssa seemed to be taking on a few of my features.  Even if this was a pity comment; I loved it.  It just doesn't seem fair that she looks like her dad!
  • A few of my TV indulgences: The Real Housewives of Orange County, Bethany Ever After and Sister Wives.  How pathetic.
  • I wish we had a house with a garage!  Stupid Realtor.
  • I wish we had a house with a better floor plan.
  • I am so sad for Alyssa that all of her cousins are older than her...thank goodness for Kelsi.  I had such good times with my cousins growing up because we were so close in age.
  • I am wasting my time on the computer when I should be doing laundry.
  • I am so thankful that our dog is good with our baby.
  • I was happy the doctor said she thought Alyssa would keep her blue eyes (or at least they wouldn't turn brown)...shocking since both her parents have brown eyes.  Thank you to her grandpa's for their beautiful blue eyes.
  • I miss my grandma and grandpa doubler.  Two very special people.
  • I used to never cry and now I cry at the drop of a hat.
  • I didn't think I needed any help when Alyssa was born, but was more thankful than I could express that my mom came to help for a few days when Jake went back to work.  Looking back I wish I would have let her do more :-)
  • I can't believe I survived Alyssa's first three months.  Those were tough months and I am SHOCKED that people tell me that you forget about it after a while.
  • It still  makes me laugh out loud thinking about my water breaking, I don't know why, it just seems funny.  Makes me laugh even harder that my sis n law's water broke with my nephew when she was in Target. Ha.
  • I am finally reading the Twilight Series...something had to get me over my breakup with Harry Potter.
  • I would love to go on vacation.
  • I am signing up for that 10K today; this weekend I ran 4.5 miles so I think I can do it.
  • I am tired of my kitchen and want to paint it again.
  • I love staring out our living room window and people watching.   I am like the neighborhood watch and I attribute it to living in the country where there was very little to watch (except for the occasional bike barn raid)
  • Funny that most of these random bullets about myself have little to do with me and more to do with little girl sleeping in the other room.
  • I wish this post were a bit more exciting.

1 comment: