Wednesday, March 2, 2011

{ 5 Months }



Wow, last week Alyssa turned five months.  She has certainly changed our lives more than I could ever have imagined!  We had a fiesty little girl on our hands the first few months, but am happy to report that overall she is pretty content these days! 
  • She is rolling all over now.  She had been doing tummy to back just a couple days before three months and she seemed so close to back to tummy for so long then sort of gave up.  And now is rolling across the room to get at her toys.
  • Next week (at 5-1/2 months per doc's orders) she will be starting oatmeal cereal for 5 days or so and then onto veggies.  I cannot wait to see what she thinks; there will definately be pictures.
  • From the beginning I thought she was going to be a thumb sucker, but she hardly ever does it anymore that I have noticed.  Now that I have posted this I am sure that will change, karma.
  • She is still usually getting up once a night and when she first started rolling onto her tummy it was more frequently, she was not a happy camper.  I lay her down on her back for her naps, but it doesn't matter she immediately rolls to her side or tummy.
  • We bought her a mobile for her crib and she LOVES it.  We don't turn it on to put her to sleep, but just to keep her entertained for a bit when she wakes up if need be.  It is funny to see her kick her legs, wave her arms, screech and BIG smiles.
  • We are working on sitting up on her own, but for now is still wobbly.
  • Just this week I put away a good number of her three month clothes and brought out the sixth months.  



No comments:

Post a Comment