Saturday, February 26, 2011

{ Love the Sun, Hate the Sun}

Last week I was feeling quite good about myself...call it a skinny week if you will.  I had been running a few times a week and it was doing wonders for the self esteem.  It also helps to lose baby weight; to be honest comparing myself to the 9 month chubby pregnant woman I was five months ago has it perks.  And then those feelings were squashed.

The curtains were open, the beautiful sunshine beating in.  I was changing my clothes for the day and the sun was hitting me just right...AAGGGHHHHH!  It was kind of the same effect that the dressing room lights create when trying on swimsuits, you know what I am talking about.  This body just wasn't the same; the belly button (among other things) will never be the same.  And I hated the sun at that moment for squashing my skinny week.

But who cares, right.  I am realizing now that having a baby girl I do not want her to grow up and one day think she isn't 100% beautiful.  I want her to have a healthy outlook about herself...so this summer I am sure that we will be outside in our backyard, in our plastic pool, the sun shining, and OH WELL.  What isn't pregnancy without a few war wounds!


(I have been meaning to upload Lyssa's five month pic, but blogger isn't recognizing the pictures that were recently uploaded so until then I will leave you with this)

1 comment:

  1. She just keeps getting cuter! Love the headband.

    ReplyDelete