Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{ First Day Outing Without the Peanut }

About a month ago my mom mentioned that she may come up for a visit and spend the night; about that same time we had been trying to make plans to get together with some friends...you see where this is going...BABYSITTER!

Last January we had planned a ski trip to Tahoe, but God had other plans in store for us and a week before we were to leave we found out about the little peanut.  Deciding to play it safe we decided that a week long ski trip may not be the best for our bun in the oven and we canceled it.  This year Jake mentioned that we probably weren't going to go skiing this year either, but when the opportunity came we took it.  Last Saturday we packed up our ski gear and headed north about an hour an a half to meet up with our friends.  Alyssa was safe and sound with Grandma and Boston at home.

This was the first time that I was away from her for more than a couple of hours.  Getting away is a funny thing now... I started to kind of feel like the old me again...the me without a baby.  The me that walked around without a baby strapped to my hip, the me that wasn't concerned that I had to get home in time before my baby goes to sleep.  Although I liked that me a lot I think I like the new me better...the more selfless me, that me that puts someone else before myself.  Now is it fun to get away..sure, good for the soul, but am thankful I have her to come home to.

And she had a good time herself playing with Grandma all day and a visit from her great Aunt Ivett and cousin Sydney.

No comments:

Post a Comment