Friday, February 18, 2011

{ Oh, Harry Potter, I miss you already }

It is true, there is now a void in my heart and I am not sure how it can be filled.  It is the absence of Harry Potter, I miss you already.  Last year Jake kept telling me I should read Harry Potter; he had started reading them and couldn't put them down.  I read the first one and just couldn't do it...but, I kept chipping away and  when I had Alyssa I was about mid-way thru the second book. I didn't read for a couple of months after she was born and still just was ugh about them.  Then I got to the third book and was hooked.

The past few weeks when I would get up with Alyssa I would sit and think about the books, what was going on, how they would kill Voldemort, etc.  Well, last night, laying in bed, with my book light on, praying Alyssa wouldn't wake up, I finished the last one.  I even woke Jake up a little and said, " I am done."  "What did you think?" he said groggily.  "FANTASTIC."

And now today I am not sure where to go from there...how do you start another book after that.  It nice investing time into Harry, Ron, and Hermione...is there another series that can live up to that.  A year and a half ago I bought the first Twilight book and just couldn't bring myself to read that, but maybe it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment