Thursday, January 6, 2011

{ Crying it OUT }

We had to get a handle on these 30 minute catnaps Alyssa has been taking and after hearing how my sis-n-law had my nieces on schedules at 6-8 weeks, the cry out session had to be done. We got home from OK and it started. We put Alyssa in her crib with some soft music...and she CRIED. Jake went in to turn the music down, still CRYING. I went in to turn the music off, broke my heart seeing her turn her head like crazy looking around, crying, trying to get out of her swaddle. After 25 minutes she fell asleep. Not as long as I thought.

We have continued this during the day and night and I started to think it wasn't so bad, a few times she was asleep before I even made it out the door and then last night she showed me who was boss. After 70+ minutes I gave in and tried to feed her. Laid her down again, tears for another 10 minutes and then out like a light. I can handle the crying, I listen to her cry all the time, it was the tears and looking around the room for someone to rescue her that got me. Thank goodness our monitor is not a video one, it would crush me to have to see that.

But she is sleeping so much better once she gets there. One to one and a half hour naps during the day and 11-13 hours of sleep at night. It is for her own good.

So no more bragging from me on her sleep habits, God has a funny sense of humor about things, doesn't he!

1 comment:

  1. You need to add at least one more title to your profile... Mommy!

    ReplyDelete