Tuesday, January 4, 2011

{ So Much To Be Thankful For }

Wow, as I looked back at the two years in post, not many, I realized how different this Christmas was than last. Last Christmas, although wonderful, was a sad one. I remember waking up on Christmas Eve and allowing myself a good cry for the feeling of loss. The due date of my first babe and a recent loss of a second. I was feeling sad and discouraged. My sister long ago told me that God has more amazing plans for me than I can even imagine for myself and it is a saying that has gotten me thru losses, break ups, moves, heartache and everything in between.

This Christmas Eve I woke up remembering that sadness, but looked down and smiled. Although those losses will forever be a part of me, I look back at the year and know without those, my precious little Alyssa would not be here. What a wonderful blessing she has been and there is so much to be thankful for- her, my husband, my family, my pup, our health and so much more.

Here is to all the possibilities that 2011 bring and knowing that HE makes all things possible.

Thanksgiving 2010

Alyssa's Arrival

Flowers from Jake after great numbers on our blood test for our pregnancy!!! YEAH!

1 comment:

  1. Blessed indead! And Alyssa lets you know that in her own special vocal way : )

    ReplyDelete