Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Vacation Recap- Mexico- Day 9

Wow, DAY 9. I am running out of things to say so thank goodness tomorrow can be Wordless Wednesday. Today has been a much better day than yesterday, so I am well on my way. I thought I would take a bit to tell you about our vacation to Mexico.

It started out a little rocky with getting to the airport at 4AM for our 6AM flight. As it got closer to 6AM there was a bit of nervousness in the air with no sign of a plane, our boarding pass saying a different gate than the monitors, and no one located at either gate. It didn't look like were were taking off on time...yup, flight was delayed due to scheduling issues. You'd think they would have figured this out previously. So there, we were delayed to 8:45...then 9:45, then 10:45 which is when they hand over meal vouchers to be used in the airport, must be 4 hours. Let me just tell you, Ohare is not a happy place with a gate full of vacationers who are suppose to get to their destination at 9:45 in the morning and constant delays and what seems like lie after lie. The police showed up and people were really upset. We finally took off just after noon. The rest of the flight was uneventful, thank goodness.

We ended up staying at the Dream Puerto Aventuras. It was packed!!! I was expecting a dead resort with all of the swine flu, etc. There were tons of people and kids everywhere. This resort wasn't as nice as the others we have stayed at, but for a last minute vacation that was CHEAP, it did the trick.

For the most part we layed by the pool all day and slept. It was great. I started to feel like I was getting old, Jake and I went to sleep pretty early every night...maybe 10ish...OLD. At one point he asked if I felt bad that we weren't out partying like we would have years ago...heck no, I said. If I am on vacation and want to sleep then that is vacation...boy have times changed.

We did go snorkeling one day which was fun. I did get a bit of anxiety that I would lose Jake in the ocean (especially since he was the only one on the tour that didn't inflate his life vest)...and I just get anxious sometimes, I am not a strong swimmer. It was a great trip and now we are home and the tan has faded :-( My camera battery died while we were there so I have about 10 pictures total...I tried to blame Jake for not bringing the battery charger, but he didn't buy it.

Well, that was the trip in a nutshell. Fun in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment